The Future of Trends – join the discussion
If you were planning on attending Decorex London this year, like every other major design industry event it’s now a virtual event. The good news is, no matter where you are in the world you’ll be able to watch the panel discussions and talks that you would normally only be able to see if you attended the live event in person.
Rebranded as Designscape, this virtual event will feature an exclusive 3-day content programme looking beyond trends, digging deeper into how behavioural changes and outside influences are transforming the design landscape as we know it. The aim is to deliver a diverse line-up of discussions and symposiums from trailblazers in business and design to innovators in science and technology – crafted to stimulate every corner of the industry.
I’m inviting you to The Future of Trends panel discussion this Wednesday at 3pm UK time.
It’s not your usual here are latest trend colours’ talk. In this panel discussion Susie, Brian and I discuss:
• Are trends something we keep abreast of? Are they important to our work?
• How does colour fit into interior trends, are there seasonal colour trends? What’s the science behind it? The psychology of trends.
• Should trends exist – do we need them – what use are they?
• Are people too obsessed with trends? Do we as designers find it difficult to design for clients that might want to be led by current trends?
• Who sets the trends? With the influence of social media, has this affected the way people look at trends? Are they similar to fast fashion, ever changing or more long-term?
• What’s the future for trends?
The panel discussion will be followed by a live Q&A session where you’ll have an opportunity to ask us your questions.
When: This Wednesday 12th August
Time: 3pm GMT +1 (timezone check)
Register: Here’s the link to sign up https://designscape.eventnetworking.com/register
Can’t make it live?
Not a problem, all you need to do is register, add the session to your schedule and you’ll be able to watch it back on demand.
Looking forward to ‘seeing’ you there.
Wishing you a colourful day!
Leave a Comment