Five of my favourite colourful finds this month
Wrapping up April with five of my favourite colourful finds. I hope you enjoy them too.
1. This month we celebrated Easter and Facebook, Pinterest, blog posts were awash with the most wonderful colours, images and styling. I know I got a bit carried away pinning lots of beautiful easter finds. My favourite is not your typical easter colour. I just loved the subtle tonal changes. I remember doing exercises like this (on paper not eggs) at college and know the work that goes into getting this just right.
2. My ongoing quarterly colour psychology in interiors series with the wonderful Stacey Sheppard from the renowned Design Sheppard blog went live this month. This quarter we discuss all about the colour teal.
3. One for the boys… UK Men’s Health magazine wrote an interesting article on how men in British politics can balance authoritative smartness with discretion and gravitas. I was asked how important is colour in communicating the right message. My published comments focused on George Osborne, UK’s current Chancellor and the confused message he is sending out wearing black.
4. If you haven’t seen the fabulously wonderful The Grand Budapest Hotel yet, then you are in for a colourful treat. Wes Anderson’s films are always a delight and this one was awash with colour!
5. I just had to share this amazing quote. Inspiring us all to get back in touch with our innate creativity and passion for colour. I’m pleased to say I’ve got my colourful crayons back!
I hope you enjoyed this month’s colour retrospective. If you would like to see more inspirational colour articles and events then come over and join me on my Facebook page: Karen Haller Colour And Design.
The Design Sheppard
Karen’s press page
Leave a Comment